Exam Information - Mathematics Functional Skills Onscreen Exam - At Home
- Onscreen Functional Skills exams can be booked at any time throughout the year.
- Results are emailed to candidates 10-14 working days after the test but can take up to 28 days.
- Functional Skills certificates are posted up to two weeks after the results have been issued.
- GCSE Equivalent Qualifications are accepted by colleges, universities and training providers.
Colleges and Universities will accept Functional Skills Onscreen Qualification as being equivalent to GCSE.
Functional Skills Exams at Home are available any Day and Time of your choosing
Edexcel Functional Skills On Screen Examinations. One exam (1 hour 45 minutes).
(Require 34 or 36 from 64 marks for a Pass from 16 Questions).
(4 non calculator questions + 12 calculator questions).
Functional Skills Level 1 Mathematics and Functional Skills Level 2 Mathematics aims to ensure that each individual is able to solve problems in real-life, functional contexts and develop skills in:
- Using numbers and the number system –whole numbers, fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Using common measures, shapes and space.
- Handling information and data.
Functional Skills Mathematics Level 1 and Functional Skills Mathematics Level 2 qualifications are designed to give learners the skills to operate confidently, effectively and independently in education, work and everyday life. Functional Skills Mathematics Level 2 have been created in response to employers’ perceptions that many learners are not achieving a sufficiently firm grounding in the basics.